- Posted 05 April 2022
- Business AreaAdmin
This role is based within the Hays Travel Flights Department and focused around providing a professional and expert service to the group for any scheduled flight query.
In this role you will you will be part of a successful and friendly team who provide a scheduled airline ticketing function for the Hays Travel Group.
This can be based in Sunderland or Homebased and for a minimum of 4 weeks on a temperory role.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Working on a Galileo system to issue airline tickets
- Ability to read history within the flight booking
- Source all ticket endorsement and tour code information
- Ensure airline ticket deadlines are adhered to in accordance with airline contracts and fare rules
- Manage GDS queue’s
- Provide the final quality control check before ticketing
- Dealing directly with the airlines if a problem arises to achieve a preferred outcome
- Ensure the Customer Excellence process and procedures are followed at all times
What competencies we are looking for?
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced environment
- Worked within a Travel Sales environment
- Previous experience of working on Galileo GDS
- Previously worked within a customer service role
- Experience of working with airline contracts
- To be able to read and understand airline fare rules
- Experience of identifying the most restrictive ticket deadline
- Previous experience of working with airline private fares
- Experience of working with airline fare quotes and commands
- Experience of sourcing correct ticket information
- To be able to identify any errors made at booking stage
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all people
- To be able to communicate professionally to people on all levels in the business via live chat, emails and calls
- Effectively communicate with airlines to a desired outcome
- Ensure the aspects of the Customer Excellence programme is completed in line with company expectations.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use Word, Excel, & PowerPoint programmes to an advanced level
- Highly motivated, confident and committed
- Problem solving skills with a can do attitude
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Strong administration skills with excellent time management skills
What experience we are looking for?
- Experience of using the Galileo system to issue specialist airline fares (Round the world, Singapore stopover & Air Passes)
- Experience of working & navigating Galileo queues
- Knowledge of selling systems
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.