- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
An exciting opportunity to join our Cruise Commercial team based here in our Head Office in Sunderland.
The aim of this role is to increase sales and profitability for Cruise products through local, regional and national events, to manage our Meet & Greet team and to suggest a communication/motivational plan to develop our Ocean, River & Luxury Cruise Experts to increase sales/profitability in store. You would also assist with our Charters and attend Cruise events as part of this role.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing and budgets)
- Liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the events
- Manage all pre-event planning, including communication to suppliers and sales packs to sales staff prior to the event.
- Coordinate suppliers and trouble shoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- Analyse sales performance and key learnings of each event by evaluating the profitability, customer feedback and supplier feedback.
- Evaluate and manage the numbers for our Meet and Greet team and ensure that we are adequately staffed for each cruise arrival in each port in the UK and the Hays Travel exclusive charters from regional airports.
- Work with Head of Cruise to develop and implement a plan for our Cruise Experts to support, encourage, communicate and develop them.
- Ensure that Hays charters are pushed and promoted throughout the network.
- Liaising with suppliers and co-ordinating Cruise Training for our Access to Travel and Apprentices
- Create and upload weekly Cruise Team Talk content to keep agents up to date on Cruise News Create and upload bi- weekly Cruise Newsletter
- Update and communicate Cruise Campaigns and Incentives
- Building relationships and working closely with DSMs/RSMs
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.