- Posted 17 March 2022
- Business AreaApprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our purchasing team. This is an excellent prospect for a candidate looking for a move into a transnational finance environment and a chance to gain new skills. The role will consist of processing and paying of supplier invoices and ledger management.
Below is a list of the key responsibilities which you will learn during your apprenticeship.
- Receive, review (thorough checks)and record supplier invoices onto finance system (NAV)
- Ensure correct approval processes are followed
- Ensure correct bank account details are recorded on Vendor record cards
- Confidently raise and deal with any queries from invoices, ensuring information on query is recorded on supplier vendor records and followed through to the end of the process
- Processing payment runs – ensuring payments are accurate and in line with supplier payment terms
- Direct Debit Journals in line with bank statement reconciliation
- Reconciliation of supplier statements – dealing with any queries that may arise from statement
- Work readily with lengthy and complex invoices requiring close attention to detail and ensuring queries are dealt with and recorded so other team members are easily able to pick up on queries
- Analysis of aged creditor reports – ensuring vendor ledgers are tidy
- Confidently query and challenge information and documentation provided by internal and external customers (i.e expenses claims/company credit card receipts)
- Continuously deliver the highest level of satisfaction and customer service to both internal and external contacts
- A good team player
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- A clear and effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- Ability to build relationships with customers, providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and vibrant department
- Strong team player who is supportive and strives for success for themselves and their team
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to learning and progressing within the company
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- Ideally 4 GCSE’s grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved