- Posted 18 March 2022
- Business AreaApprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our customer services department. The Customer Support Team provides service to a number of divisions including: Premier HW, PTC, Web and IG Fulfilment. Working as a Customer Support Clerk you will be liaising directly with customers over the phone for any pre-departure queries, producing documentation instantly on booking and meeting both customer and agents requirements. You must be performance driven and customer focused, with a positive can-do attitude.
Below is a list of the key responsibilities which you will learn during your apprenticeship.
- To ensure that all bookings are administered professionally and within given timescales
- To ensure that all incoming telephone calls are processed on a timely basis and in a first class manner
- To ensure e-mails are prioritised and dealt with on a timely basis
- Daily/weekly Audit and Exception Reporting
- Report any issues/improvements where appropriate
- Monitoring and maintaining high productivity
- A good team player
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- A clear and effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- Ability to build relationships with customers, providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and vibrant department
- Strong team player who is supportive and strives for success for themselves and their team
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to learning and progressing within the company
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- Ideally 4 GCSE’s grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved