- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Finance
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Purchasing Department in our Head Office based in Sunderland for an Apprentice Purchasing Clerk.
The role will consist of processing and paying of supplier invoices and ledger management, mainly focusing on rent and utility suppliers.
- Follow the Supply Chain Set Up Process to ensure company procedures are adhered to when setting up and approving new suppliers
- Ensure correct bank account details are recorded on Vendor record cards
- Recording of supplier contracts to company systems
- Reading and responding in a timely manner to emails from external suppliers as well as our retail and head office colleagues
- Answering internal and external phone calls, confidently dealing with any issues/queries that may arise
- Provide support for staff with their ordering needs, which includes but is not limited to stationery, uniform, cleaning items.
- Monitor requests for and order printed stationery for retail, including business cards, name badges and bank books.
- Assist branches with scheduled services such as cash and refuse collections, and escalate queries to the appropriate body.
- Raise Purchase Order numbers
- Setting up retail staff on uniform supplier website
- Continuously deliver the highest level of satisfaction and customer service to both internal and external contacts
- Ensure payments for goods are keyed on time to Finance system
- Excellent numeric and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator with the ability to build strong inter-departmental relationships
- The ability to organise and manage work load to meet strict deadlines and department KPI’s
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Work independently or as part of a team in a busy, active environment
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.