- Posted 28 February 2022
- Business AreaAdmin
You will be responsible for the development of existing and future products, whilst providing technical support for, and enhancing, existing applications. Leading in the planning, design, implementation and delivery of projects, you will manage the entire development life cycle, to ensure projects are delivered on time within budget.
We are looking for a talented full stack Web Development Manager to coach, mentor and manage our small but ambitious Web Development team. Directing and motivating the team, you will manage the day-to-day work load and priorities of the other Developers.
As Web Development Manager, you will also possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate complex, technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders and senior managers within the business. You will also be the main technical point of contact within the business for a number of third party technology partners and agencies that we currently work with.
The successful candidate will have a technical background with experience in a similar role.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Producing high quality, maintainable technical solutions
- In depth knowledge of Object Oriented PHP
- Experience working with MVC frameworks, we use Laravel
- Strong understanding of databases (MySQL)
- HTML & CSS
- Consuming third party API’s
- Comfortable working with Version Control, we use Git and Bitbucket
- Test driven development approaches
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud hosting services for the purpose of web development
- Agile environment practices & mentality
What competencies we are looking for?
- Skilled development professional with 5+ years’ extensive experience in web strategy & development
- Experience of web development roadmap creation, prioritising & delivery
- Experience in the travel industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Profound knowledge of web development trends, industry and evolution
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Degree or professional qualification is desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects in an organised but flexible manner and prioritising when necessary
- Well-organised, with a high level of attention to detail
- Outstanding team player - this role requires high levels of teamwork, working with multiple teams across the organisation
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- A flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
What experience we are looking for?
- Experience in a similar role
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.