- Posted 21 January 2022
- Business AreaRetail
Competitive salary with unlimited bonus potential.
We are looking for experienced Travel Consultants to join our successful teams in our branches.
You will have excellent product knowledge, questioning and listening skills to help our customers plan, choose and successfully book their holidays.
Working as part of a team you will drive business through social media, events and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do so exceptional customer service experience is required.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Identifying and meeting customers’ needs
- Use social media to promote offers, generating customer engagement and sales leads
- Participating in promotional events and activities to increase exposure of the branch
- Achieving individual and team sales targets
- Assisting with the day-to-day operation of the branch
- Willingness to participate and deliver training appropriate to own development
- Effectively performing administrative duties and follow processes accurately
What competencies we are looking for?
- Ability to work towards individual Travel Consultant targets and team sales targets
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
- Good accuracy and numerical skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business
- Competent IT Skills
What experience we are looking for?
- At least 1 year experience as a Travel Consultant
- A proven sales record
- Passionate about travel and tourism
- Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
- Good sales and presentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A recognised travel qualification (desirable)
If you don’t have 1 years’ experience of working in a travel agency, then please check out our Access to Travel Programme which is a fantastic way to join Hays Travel as an employee who trains to become a Travel Consultant, see: https://careers.haystravel.co.uk/sales/access-to-travel or alternatively to find out about our Foreign Exchange positions please visit https://jobs.haystravel.co.uk/jobs
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
Ref - Hays2