- Posted 06 March 2022
- Business AreaMarketing
We are looking for a driven individual who has a strong interest in social media and a passion for customer service to lead the Social Media Operations team.
As the Social Media Operations Lead you will drive and manage the daily operations of the social media department for three key areas; Auditing, Customer Care and Training & Support. The successful candidate will provide direction, support and motivation to the Social Media Operations team to achieve department goals.
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of an effective training programme to our sales agents, deliver exceptional customer service and ensure the Hays Travel brand is represented accurately online.
In this varied role, you will work closely with the Social Media Content & Engagement and Reporting teams, working together to achieve an effective overarching social media strategy.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Own and lead all Social Media training ensuring learners receive an engaging and effective training experience
- Lead by example by delivering training and coaching sessions to various business divisions to develop social media knowledge and skills
- Evaluate and develop training content, continuously modifying and creating training material
- Review and analyse individual social media profiles to provide motivational feedback to improve performance, and support the wider team in doing so
- Confidently liaise with various business stakeholders, including senior management to gather feedback and propose new ways of working
- Own and evolve all social media procedures and best practices across various business divisions, to ensure all activity and community interaction is compliant with the business standards
- Oversee and support the management of customer service queries on all social media platforms and various online review sites, working closely with the customer service department to deliver a seamless customer experience
- Be confident in diffusing escalated queries and solving problems via digital channels
- Manage, motivate and inspire the Social Media Operations team on a day-to-day basis to maximise their potential
- Develop and coach the team by delivering effective performance reviews, identifying training needs and seeking areas of opportunity
- Identify and propose ideas to increase efficiency and quality output out the overall Social Media department
- Keep up to date with new social media trends and channels
- Assist in achieving an overall consistent social media strategy
What competencies we are looking for?
- A good working knowledge of various Social Media platforms
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to put forward ideas in a concise and influential way
- Strong organisational skills and ability to act on own initiative and prioritise the team’s workload
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a growing team
- Exceptional customer service skills which can be transferred to digital channels
What experience we are looking for?
- Minimum 1 year Digital/Marketing/Social Media experience
- Experience of confidently presenting to varied audience sizes and skillsets
- Experience of leading and coaching a successful team, and can overcome challenging situations
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays, alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.