- Posted 12 January 2022
- Business AreaMarketing
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a driven individual who has a strong interest in social media to join the Social Media Operations team. As Social Media Operations Assistant you will support the daily operations of the social media department by engaging with internal and external customers to support and resolve queries in a friendly and professional manner. As part of this role you will be involved in delivering training, building sales agent’s social media knowledge, developing procedures and ensuring adherence to the social media governance policy.
You will provide support to all business divisions to improve efficiencies, deliver high standard of customer care and amplify quality of output across all social media channels.
In this varied role, you will work closely with the Social Media Content & Engagement and Reporting teams, working together to achieve an effective overarching social media strategy.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Support with the monitoring and handling of incoming customer enquiries various digital channels, working with relevant business areas to service queries appropriately, effectively and to a high standard
- Undergo social listening and engage with users publicly and privately across all social channels to build authentic communities through positive engagement
- Optimize and audit all social media accounts and paid advertising to increase the overall social presence & engagement in line with the brand voice
- Assist in the development of community marketing strategies, including but not limited to, Google My Business
- Support with the social media governance strategy to ensure compliance to all standards & policies
- Provide feedback and proposals on areas of improvement across a wide scope of social media accounts
- Help, support and coach all business divisions with day-to-day social media queries via phone and email
- Create and deliver social media training to sales staff at varied levels in a group environment and one-to-one
- Support with building and managing large volumes of paid social media advertising accurately and effectively in line with the overall budget
- Assist in achieving an overall consistent social media strategy
- Support and cross-skill the wider social media teams when availability allows
- General incoming and outgoing telephone and administration duties
What competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident in delivering training on a one-to-one basis and to small groups
- Exceptional customer service skills which can be transferred to digital channels
What experience we are looking for?
- Digital/Marketing/Social Media experience preferred but not essential
- A good working knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment