- Posted 12 January 2022
- Business AreaMarketing
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a driven individual who has a strong interest in social media and is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to join the Social Media Operations team.
As Social Media Customer Care Executive you will lead customer care communications and procedures across various online platforms including social media, Google and online review websites. You will drive the development of an effective social media customer care strategy and support the wider team with the online community marketing efforts.
You will provide excellent customer service by managing and resolving complaints & queries to the highest standards and in a timely manner. In this varied role, you will work closely with the Social Media Content & Engagement and Reporting teams to achieve an effective overarching social media strategy.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Handle and respond to inbound customer queries via digital channels in line with brand tone of voice
- Take responsibly and co-ordinate the resolution of online customer queries working collaboratively with various business functions to ensure a first-time resolution
- Monitor social media channels seeking opportunity to engage with relevant audiences with positive interactions
- Continuously review and develop the social media customer care standards and procedures
- Create a training and support strategy for digital customer care to support wider business functions
- Be a subject matter expert and ambassador for diffusing escalated queries and solving problems
- Assist in achieving an overall consistent social media strategy
- Support and cross-skill the wider social media teams when availability allows
- General incoming and outgoing telephone and administration duties
- Nationwide travel may be required
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
What competencies we are looking for?
- A good working knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills which can be transferred to digital channels
What experience we are looking for?
- Digital/Social Media customer service experience preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment