- Posted 14 January 2022
- Business AreaMarketing
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important. Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a driven individual who is passionate about social media marketing and can attract and interact with target audiences by creating engaging content across various channels. The Content & Engagement Co-ordinator will support the creation of all social media content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn. You will be involved in the content planning process from initial scheduling, to content creation and managing paid advertising in order to drive growth across all platforms. As part of this role you will keep up-to-date with the latest social trends and propose ways of implementing these into the team and wider strategy. In this varied role, you will work closely with the Social Media Operations and Reporting teams, working together to achieve an effective overarching social media strategy.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Work closely with team members to plan and execute social media content in line with the overarching business focusses and campaigns, considering target markets, product highlights and content aesthetics
- Support with the creation of the social media content calendar, proposing trending topics to generate engagement and awareness
- Create, edit and publish content that encourages engagement via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and other social channels for various business areas in line with the brand tone of voice
- Build and manage large volumes of paid social media advertising accurately and effectively
- Support with the creation of blog content on the Hays Travel websites
- Seek out and co-ordinate the creation of staff and user generated content
- Monitor, interact and respond to users publically and privately across all social channels
- Research competitor activity, to ensure the brand remains forefront of mind
- Liaise with the wider team and various business areas to deliver partnership activity and campaigns
- Monitor social media trends and propose new ideas and concepts to enhance the social media strategy
- Submit briefs to the internal creative department for social media assets including video content
- Help, support and coach all business divisions with day-to-day social media queries via phone and email
- General incoming and outgoing telephone and administration duties
- Assist in achieving an overall consistent digital strategy
What competencies we are looking for?
- An excellent working knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Positive working attitude and desire to put forward ideas
- Ability to act on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Strong accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
What experience we are looking for?
- Digital/Marketing/Social Media experience preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment