- Posted 20 April 2022
- Business AreaMarketing
- Contact Namehelen rogers
An exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join Hays Travel’s highly focused marketing team. The successful candidate will report into the Offline Marketing Manager and sit alongside a dedicated offline marketing team.
You will be responsible for the planning & delivery of our offline marketing activities. The role will suit someone who is passionate about delivering solutions for objectives to give impact, thrives on a collaborative working environment & has good experience interacting with multiple stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thinks about what the possibilities are across the marketing mix and can offer solutions to meet objective, requirements and challenges. Someone who can bring new ideas to the table and is passionate about the Hays Travel brand and its customers. The candidate will be truly immersed in the travel industry, have a passion for travel & understand its complexities in the current environment.
We are a collaborative team with a strong passion for the work that we deliver. Our Marketing Team is growing at the moment which means new faces & talents, it's a great time to join us and really have a chance to make a big impact within the company.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Plan, manage and deliver a wide range of marketing activities across a variety of marketing channels, including press, point of sale, radio, TV, direct mail, digital media
- Work collaboratively across the marketing department to ensure campaign objectives are activated in an effective & optimum way
- Complete creative artwork briefing forms and liaise with the in house creative team to create marketing collateral and proofing
- Secure data profiling and targeting and a collaborative approach with CRM team.
- Working with media agencies and suppliers to collate media opportunities & build strong relationships with media outlets
- Attend internal and external meetings, events and educational opportunities representing Hays Travel and our company values and standards
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing campaigns via tracking and analysis
- Regular updating of the internal hub to communicate important marketing information to Hays Travel head office and retail branches
- Regular updating of marketing google sheets, grids and content calendar.
- Strong working with Campaign Marketing function to ensure marketing calendars and planned activities are included, reported and measured
- Administrational responsibilities including gift vouchers, purchase orders, invoicing & purchasing
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
- To live and demonstrate Hays values and our special culture
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
What competencies we are looking for?
- Strong campaign planning skills
- Excellent creative briefing and proofing skills
- Ability to implement a plan and report on performance
- Decisive and accurate with ability to take a lead role in tasks
- Desire to work to targets and over exceed
- To be positive in what we think, say and do
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and quality
- Proactive with the ability to take initiative
- Strong desire for personal development
- Representing the company with a professional, helpful, knowledgeable, proactive attitude
What experience we are looking for
- At least 3 years’ experience in an offline/retail marketing role is strongly desired
- Marketing degree or qualification is desirable
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.