- Posted 13 January 2022
- Business AreaFinance
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a hardworking individual to join our team to assist with the reconciliation and payment of customer holiday bookings to suppliers.
You will be involved with reconciling supplier statements to ensure that targets and deadline are met in line with supplier commercial agreements, whilst ensuring queries are resolved to a high standard and KPI are met.
What will be your key responsibilities
- Reconciliation and payment and refunds of supplier statements as required in all financial systems
- Investigate statement and ledger queries by liaising with tour operators, branches and head office team
- Completion of ABTA certificate, completion lists and query logs
- General administration duties
What competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent communication skills, high standard of literacy and email etiquette
- Sound reporting and reconciliation skills
- Ability to understand and identify risk
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Core Excel skills, knowledge of formatting, sum formulas and keyboard shortcuts
- Good numerical and problem solving skills
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
What experience we are looking for?
- experience reconciling and verifying account information
- Accounts Payable