- Posted 03 November 2023
- Business Area Human Resources / People
An active role within the people experience team to ensure the colleague lifecycle from ‘hire to retire’ is engaging, creating a great working environment to get the best results from our people as we live and breathe the SMILE values.
The People Partner will be the ‘go to’ lead for a dedicated business area, overseeing all employee relations practices and processes to ensure they are aligned to Company goals. Working in partnership with the leadership team to support managers build organisational and people capabilities as well as supporting the implementation of change.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Work with a dedicated business area(s) to help shape and implement effective People solutions to support the achievement of business plans and to meet the needs of their workforce (this may include overseeing a different business area in support of peer’s annual leave etc.)
- Act as facilitators and business consultants, ensuring that the People plan is both relevant and effective
- To conduct and provide support and advice on the appropriate processes including capability, disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, redundancy and dismissal
- Support managers to have accountability to address low level issues (i.e. absence, conduct, performance management etc.)
- Lead and support through coaching and guidance from the onset to conclusion of escalated people issues
- Be front and centre of local management discussions
- Drive and own the People dashboard metrics to ensure KPIs are met and colleagues are motivated to perform through supporting managers to be the best they can be
- Support a culture of performance management which drives business efficiency and overall commercial performance
- To provide advice, training and development to colleagues in respect of Company policies and employment legislation
- To assist with implementing and developing People policies, practices and procedures in line with current legislation and Company objectives
- Accuracy, always, with correspondence and our people system and reporting devices
- To ensure all procedures, practices and statutory requirements are followed and adhered to
- Flexibility to work remotely and travel to any Hays Travel location as required with Head Office presence a key part of the role
What competencies we are looking for?
- Effective written and verbal communication skills – at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload of self and others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to carry out training and instruction on all levels
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to work solely and as a member of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relations both internally and externally
What experience we are looking for?
- Good basic standard of education, 4 GCSE’s or equivalent Grade C or above including English and Maths
- Full or part CIPD qualified, or qualified by experience
- Willing to work towards qualifications to assist with their own personal development
- Knowledge of all areas of current employment law and keen to maintain and update knowledge
- Strong understanding of a people partnering approach
- Ability to easily navigate and use Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.