- Posted 13 January 2022
- Business AreaFinance
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
This role will be responsible for the management information provision for the Company including monthly management accounts packs as well as ad-hoc reporting for several divisions of the group.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Variance analysis including profit, loss and sales analysis
- Monthly income and overhead analysis
- VAT returns
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets register
- Preparation of budget and forecast information
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Management and control of financial accounts system
- Improve management reporting, introduction of KPI’s and meeting deadlines
- Improve and formalise tight financial control
- Liaise with and provide support to operational team and management within an expanding business
- Management and development of a small team
What competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate self and others in a fast moving, demanding and challenging environment
- Excellent organisational skills
What experience we are looking for?
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience with extensive management accounts experience
- Advanced Excel and accounting systems knowledge/experience