- Posted 04 January 2024
- Business Area Admin
Hays Travel, the UK's largest independent travel agent, specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service with 420 branches and circa 3000 colleagues. It is part of a much larger operation with independent partners and franchises and together this makes an excellent learning environment for our apprentices.
The Company has invested in apprenticeships since 1980 becoming an accredited employer in 2010. We are committed to our talent of the future evolving from the apprentices we recruit.
Main Purpose of role
The role will be suited to someone who has a passion for learning and development supporting colleagues in all roles within the business.
Hays Travel pride themselves on delivering exceptional customer service therefore we require someone who share the same values and ethos.
The successful candidate will be responsible for welcome our new starters into the business and creating a welcoming first impression whilst providing them the skills to complete fulfil their role, the candidate will also deliver our talent programmes to those who are looking to develop and move up the career ladder.
- Deliver inspiring and motivational training that engages learners to achieve the desired impact
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current training sessions suggesting any improvements.
- Research and write engaging training content for both a virtual and classroom delivery.
- Coach and develop colleagues during 1-2-1 support session
- Effectively communicate and positively promote organisational changes
- Knowledge and a high level of competency with department and company technology
- Be able to self-reflect and identify areas for personal development
- Motivated ‘can do’ attitude, who strives for excellence in all areas of their role
- Exceptional Time Management, Organisational skills, and Attention to Detail
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong initiative skills to drive business objectives forward.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Strong digital skills
- Assertive/confident classroom management techniques
Qualifications & Experience desirable but not essential
Previous experience of classroom/remote delivery
Level 3 + qualification in Education and Training
Experience of delivering training at management level.
Assertive/confident classroom management techniques
- Enthusiastic and Proactive with the ability to work independently (self - motivated) and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels.
- Effective motivational skills and the ability to remain positive and professional at all times.
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays, alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.