- Posted 09 February 2024
- Business Area Internal
- Contact NameSheila Hazard
Job Title: IG Finance Assistant
Department: IG Finance
Reporting to: IG Finance Manager/Team Leader
Hours & location: 37.5 hours per week (full time) Head Office based, Gilbridge House, Sunderland
Role Summary – supporting the team and our independence group members (IG), Personal travel Consultants (PTC), franchise partners, and retail staff. Main focus will be on HTOL IG commission calculations and payments.
* Calculation and payment/collection of the monthly IG HTOL Management Services Commissions using relevant banking software
* Assist with calculation of franchise and Explorer PTC monthly commission payment calculations
* Collection of signed forward loans and cash loan statements each month
* Assist in the payment/collection of HTL IG Management Services commissions
* Reconciliation of Vendor Ledgers in accounting software
* Provide support relating to overrides and incentive processes in the team
* Learn all of the IG Finance processes
* Answer incoming calls and emails and provide a high standard of customer service to all
* Paying incentives onto smile cards using a secure file transfer with an external company.
* SMILE rewards email inbox, making sure all queries are answered in a timely manner (date of receipt).
* Daily team tasks - including ABTA payments, Experian credit checks, IG, PTC & Franchise deductions, processing IG override & incentive claims received.
* Assist with invoicing to suppliers for marketing and override/incentive payments and the allocation of the invoiced funds.
* Answer incoming emails & calls in a professional manor and providing a high standard of customer service.
* Resolving customer queries.
* Cover other tasks in the team for holiday & absence, as required.
* Be a role model for the Hays Travel SMILE values & culture.
* Data Security - You are responsible to ensure all personal & business data is kept secure at all times & any data breaches are reported immediately.
Skills (preferred but not required, training will be provided)
Data management skills.
Advanced excel skills (vlookups, pivots, sumif etc)
Accounting software experience
High level of accuracy & attention to detail.
Strong communication skills via all methods.
Ability to work under pressure & to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met.
Ability to think for yourself & work independently.
Problem solving skills with a can do attitude.
Due to the timescales required on the commission calculations holidays within the first week of any month will not normally be granted.
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.