- Posted 04 May 2022
- Business AreaTour Operation
We are looking for experienced sales consultant’s to join an expanding and dynamic department for a motivated individual looking to work within Hays Tour Operations.
The sales team focus on selling tailor made holidays and delivering first class customer service to both internal and external customers. As a sales executive you will sell package holidays with varying components, including flights, hotels, transfers and cruise, on a business to business basis, but will also have the ability to sell direct to customers should business needs warrant this.
Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do so exceptional customer service experience is required.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Creating and selling tailor made travel packages using All Hays products
- Delivering a first class customer service experience to all customers, obtaining repeat business
- Working towards, and striving to exceed, agreed individual and team sales targets and other KPI’s
- Attending training workshops and supplier visits, including overseas educational visits, in order to continuously develop product knowledge
- In depth Knowledge of Long-haul and Cruise product.
- Liaise with ground suppliers to obtain rates, availability and for all special requests.
- Remain flexible to meet the needs of the Business
- Provide Feedback to the Team Leader
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all people
What competencies we are looking for?
- Commitment to contribute to the growth of the business and the development of the team.
- Ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times and that others follow this standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Effective motivational skills and the ability to remain positive and professional at all times
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the ability to work independently (self - motivated) and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Has worked within teams based at various locations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent selling skills with the ability to achieve individual and team sales targets
- The ability to negotiate and achieve desired outcomes as agreed with Line Manager
- Appropriately assertive with a wide range of people
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a can do attitude
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Strong administration skills with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of internal/external selling systems
What experience we are looking for?
- A proven sales record
- Passionate about travel and tourism
- Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
- Good sales and presentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.