- Posted 20 October 2023
- Business Area Human Resources / People
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 460 Branches throughout the UK, a network of personal travel consultants working from home, and a growing independence group and franchise operation. Our Head Office, based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, events, communications, marketing, people/HR, and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded into Hays Travel and always demonstrated to ensure you and all our colleagues work well together. Our SMILE values are:
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
An active role within the people experience team to ensure the colleague lifecycle from ‘hire to retire’ is engaging, creating a great working environment to get the best results from our people as we live and breathe the SMILE values.
The HR Advisor will provide support to the People Partners for dedicated business areas as they oversee all employee relations practices and processes to ensure alignment with Company goals.
- Support the People Partners to help shape and implement effective people solutions to support the achievement of business plans and meet the needs of their workforce
- To provide support to the People Partners in relation to a variety of people processes including capability, disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, redundancy and dismissal
- To provide first line support to managers in relation to low-level issues (absence, conduct, performance management, etc.)
- Support the People Partners with the compilation of People dashboard metrics to ensure KPIS are met and colleagues are motivated to perform through supporting managers to be the best they can be
- To support the People Partners in the delivery of training and development activity in respect of Company policies and employment legislation
- To provide assistance with the implementation and development of People policies, practices and procedures in line with current legislation and Company objectives
- Accuracy, always, with correspondence and our people system and reporting devices
- To ensure all procedures, practices and statutory requirements are followed and adhered to
- Flexibility to work remotely and travel to any Hays Travel location as required with Head Office presence a key part of the role
- Good basic standard of education, 4 GCSE’s or equivalent Grade C or above including English and Maths
- Full or part CIPD qualified, or qualified by experience
- Willing to work towards qualifications to assist with their own personal development
- Strong understanding of current employment law (and keen to maintain and update knowledge)
- Ability to easily navigate and use Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Skills and Experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to work solely and as a member of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relations both internally and externally
- To undertake any other duties that fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all Company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect and adopting the Company SMILE values at all times
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles