- Posted 13 January 2022
- Business AreaProperty
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays, alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a health and safety assistant to join our excellent head office team. To assist in developing, reviewing, checking, monitoring the implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work, procedures and processes highlighting areas of potential improvement, monitoring, tracking and closing out actions, complementing standards as required.
Ensure that all accidents and incidents are documented, recorded, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Communicate health & safety requirements across the organisation
- Implement training packs to comply with legislation, including first aid and fire warden training
- Responsible for carrying out fire drills and any other safety checks required by legislation
- To review current practices and suggest ways of improvement
- Be able to assess risks through weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual audits
- Facilitate maternity, disability and medical condition assessments in the workplace
- Be able to identify potential hazards companywide, ensuring measures are in place to prevent risks
- Promote general safety and housekeeping
- Investigate incidents & accidents and propose recommendations for action/improvement
- To improve monitoring procedures
What competencies we are looking for?
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
What experience we are looking for?
- Experience using IT software packages, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- E-mail management skills
- Knowledge of current health & safety legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills