- Posted 25 January 2024
- Business Area Tour Operation
Contract – Fixed term – 2 years
Department – Vista
Location – Head Office, Sunderland
Hours – Monday – Friday 0900 – 1730 (with flexibility to meet the needs of the business).
Reporting To – Product and Partner Marketing Manager
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR, IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 43 years, and continue to grow each year.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Tour Operation, Vista to join our Product team. You will play a key role within the business ensuring that we have a competitive & value-for-money product mix that is effectively marketed across all advertising channels, this role will cover both land and cruise product. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we would love to hear from you!
* Supporting the Vista Europe and Cruise Product Manager to help deliver and shape the product offering for Vista to the travel industry market.
* Identifying and sourcing competitive long haul, short haul and cruise product for all marketing platforms to maximise sales through Vista.
* Working closely with our cruise and land commercial teams to secure Vista exclusive offers and meeting commercial commitments through delivery of product offers.
* Reporting and analysis of recent offers and marketing campaign performance
* Providing daily, weekly and monthly sales data and analysis.
* Monitoring competitor activity and conducting thorough competitor analysis to ensure we remain in a competitive market
* Identify product gaps and feedback findings to the relevant teams
* Liaising and building relationships with a range of stakeholders, e.g. customers (internal & external), suppliers, tourist boards and colleagues
* Working within a team of vibrant product executives to ensure campaigns achieve deadlines and objectives
* Additional ad-hoc duties
* Degree in Tourism, Marketing or Business management
* Willing to work towards qualifications to assist with their own personal development
* Ability to easily navigate and use Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Teams, PowerPoint and Excel
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytical, organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to work solely and as a member of the team
* Positive working attitude and desire to put forward ideas and implement positive changes to working practices as required
* Good accuracy and attention to details
* Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relations both internally and externally
Our SMILE values are embedded into our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We’re very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.