- Posted 25 January 2024
- Business Area Human Resources / People
Contract – Fixed term – 2 years
Department – HR
Location – Head Office, Sunderland
Hours – Monday – Friday 0900 – 1730 (with flexibility to meet the needs of the business).
Reporting To – Head of HR
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR, IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 43 years, and continue to grow each year.
An active role within the people experience team to ensure the colleague lifecycle from ‘hire to retire’ is engaging, creating a great working environment to get the best results from our people as we live and breathe the SMILE values.
The HR Graduate will provide support to the People Partners for dedicated business areas as they oversee all employee relations practices and processes to ensure alignment with Company goals.
* Support the People Partners to help shape and implement effective people solutions to support the achievement of business plans and meet the needs of their workforce
* To provide support to the People Partners in relation to a variety of people processes including capability, disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, redundancy and dismissal
* To provide first line support to managers in relation to low-level issues (absence, conduct, performance management etc)
* Support the People Partners with the compilation of People dashboard metrics to ensure KPI’s are met and colleagues are motivated to perform through supporting managers to be the best they can be
* To support the People Partners in the delivery of training and development activity in respect of Company policies and employment legislation
* To provide assistance with the implementation and development of People policies, practices and procedures in line with current legislation and Company objectives
* Accuracy, always, with correspondence and our people system and reporting devices
* To ensure all procedures, practices and statutory requirements are followed and adhered to
* Flexibility to work remotely and travel to any Hays Travel location as required with Head Office presence is a key part of the role
* Degree in Human Resources (CIPD Level 7)
* Willing to work towards qualifications to assist with their own personal development
* Strong understanding of current employment law (and keen to maintain and update knowledge)
* Ability to easily navigate and use Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to work solely and as a member of the team
* Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relations both internally and externally
Our SMILE values are embedded into our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We’re very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.