- Posted 26 January 2024
- Business Area Admin
Contract – Fixed term – 2 years
Department – Technology
Location – Head Office, Sunderland
Hours – Monday – Friday 0900 – 1730 (with flexibility to meet the needs of the business).
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR, IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 43 years, and continue to grow each year.
**We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Graduate Developer to join our dynamic Technology team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and its application in solving real-world business challenges. You will be working closely with a team of experienced developers, analysts, and other stakeholders to design, develop, and implement software solutions that enhance our travel services and customer experience.
● Collaborate with the IT team to develop and maintain web and mobile applications that meet the needs of our business and customers.
● Engage in the full software development lifecycle, including requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
● Contribute to the improvement of existing software applications and systems to enhance functionality, performance, and user experience.
● Participate in code reviews and adhere to best practices in software development to ensure high-quality code and products.
● Stay abreast of the latest technological advancements and trends in the travel industry to suggest and implement innovative solutions.
● Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, quality assurance, and customer support, to ensure seamless integration and delivery of software solutions.
● Assist in the documentation of software development processes, including design specifications, user manuals, and system configuration.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
Knowledge/ skills required
● Understanding of web and mobile application development frameworks and technologies.
● Familiarity with database management and SQL.
● Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) is preferable.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
● Eagerness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
Our SMILE values are embedded into our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We’re very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.