- Posted 05 May 2022
- Business AreaCruise
Ensuring that the company’s high standards are maintained by delivering exceptional customer service in order to maximise sales and overall profitability. You will be passionate about finding every customer their ideal holiday and provided with ongoing training, you will be equipped with specialist knowledge to confidently advise on an extensive range of holiday packages and tailor-made holiday experiences, as well as a range of ancillary and insurance products in order to achieve both individual and team sales targets .You will effectively adapt your selling style by building a rapport whether over the telephone, email, social media & live chat to meet your client's individual needs.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Maximising sales and delivering excellent customer service
- Assist with the effective day-to-day operation of the department
- Identify and meet customers’ needs by offering professionalism and first class customer service
- Participate in promotional events and activities to increase exposure of the team
- Ensure that excellent customer service experience is provided at all times
- Attend meetings, conferences and other promotional events as required
- Effectively perform administrative duties, including dispatching customer documents, online check-in & booking amendments
- Assisting on Social Media to convert enquiries to bookings
What competencies we are looking for?
- Ability to work towards individual and team sales targets
- Excellent communication and customer service experience
- Good accuracy and numerical skills with the ability to understand and interpret financial statistic
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business and to assist with the development of its employees to maximise job satisfaction and performance
- IT software packages including Microsoft Office and Outlook as well as in-house travel booking systems
- File management skills
- Web navigation skills
- E-mail management skills
- Scanner knowledge
What experience we are looking for?
- Previous travel agency sales experience with a proven sales record
- A recognised travel qualification
- Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.