- Posted 10 May 2022
- Business AreaCruise
We are looking for a Cruise Product Assistant to support the Cruise Commercial Manager in ensuring a competitive product offering that is effectively marketed.
To assist in the general co-ordination of product in both online and offline environments. This is to be achieved by working with Cruise Lines, land suppliers, air suppliers and Hays Beds & Transfers. This includes putting the resulting product to market with effective communication with the sales and marketing teams.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Maximising overall sales throughout the group, by identifying product that would be suitable to market, with the support from suppliers.
- Responsible for the sourcing, repackaging and pricing of cruise product from both a retail and Hays Tour Operating perspective. This product will be used in a variety of marketing mediums
- Maintain the Hays Cruise website to reflect relevant product, campaigns and imagery, ensuring all content and offers are up to date
- Support and assist the sales and support teams with queries on marketed product and general supplier questions
- Familiarisation of internal and external suppliers to gain an understanding of their strongest campaigns or offers to ensure the best product is selected
- Completion of competitor and sales data analysis to understand where we have the strongest offers, and to identify product gaps, feeding back findings to the Cruise Commercial Manager
- Following Marketing and Creative request procedures to ensure exposure of product
- Any additional ad hoc duties
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform to all company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
What competencies we are looking for?
- Strong customer service skills
- Existing product knowledge
- IT literate and a competent user of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Have a positive, proactive and creative approach to problem solving with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to adapt quickly to new situations due to the fast paced, dynamic and varied nature of the department and role
- Ability to interpret sales data and reporting
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We’re very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.