- Posted 17 February 2022
- Business AreaCommercial
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important. Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
The aim of this role is to pro-actively manage and develop existing/new supplier relationships to increase sales levels as well as identifying product. Maximise our earning potential for the Group by negotiating the best commercial terms along with additional marketing and funding support from our suppliers.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers to ensure where possible guaranteed overrides, targeted overrides, marketing funds, tactical offers / exclusives and staff incentives are negotiated and communicated where appropriate
- Maximising overall sales throughout the group, by identifying product that would be suitable to market, with the support from the suppliers
- Meet with suppliers to build and maintain supplier relationships
- Hold weekly market trend discussions with suppliers and effectively communicate market position to line manager, in preparation for weekly trading meetings
- Support relationship management with the Sales, Product and Marketing departments to ensure funding opportunities from suppliers are maximised in order for personal and department KPI’s to be achieved
- Raise sponsorship funds from suppliers for Hays and Independence Group Conferences
- Deal with branch queries for suppliers such as commission, price matches, errors, and general queries and use problem solving skills to bring to resolution
- Continual review of all internal processes and procedures, ensuring agreed departmental processes and procedure documents are maintained
- Gain full understanding of the different trading divisions within the group and their working practices
- Schedule and complete one to one sessions and appraisals for direct reports in line with company policy. Provide necessary feedback to manager
- Support the management of the day-to-day operation of the department
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Willingness to participate in and deliver training appropriate to own development
- Effectively perform administrative duties
- Participate in ad-hoc duties or prepare ad-hoc information where required
What competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent communication, persuasive negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, confident and committed
- Upbeat, enthusiastic and positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Relationship management
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A real passion for delivering consistent, exceptional customer service
- Results focused
- Strong commercial skills and awareness
- Well organised and able to manage a range of responsibilities, prioritising tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to liaise with all levels of staff from branch level to Director
- Excellent knowledge of the travel industry
- Ability to work towards individual and team sales targets
- Good accuracy and numerical skills
What experience we are looking for?
- Previous travel industry experience ideally within a commercial role
- Excellent travel product knowledge