- Posted 13 January 2022
- Business AreaFinance
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important. Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
A varied role, working within the contract and vendor team responsible for the negotiation and obtaining sign off of Agency agreements of HTOL, Hays Travel, Hays Beds and Hays Transfers in order to support the enhancement of our internal product range, and that of our branches.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Negotiates and manages all Travel supplier contracts to ensure that the best outcome is agreed for the company.
- Understand the requirements of any contract or agreement entering in to and advise on how to get the most favourable terms and conditions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with independent contractors, vendors, suppliers and customers.
- Creating standard contracts that the company can use in its dealings with internal and external partners.
- Studying the requirements, duties and obligations of the company under contracts to ensure alignment with the company’s goals and industry regulations.
- Supervising contract execution to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Researching business partners and their history prior to writing or signing contracts.
- Monitoring the implementation and performance of signed contracts.
- Maintaining, updating and improving contractual records.
- Maintaining & publishing a contract risk register for the board.
- Lead, Coach Drive & inspire the contract management team to perform the best they possibly can, using high performing team methodologies.
- Be a role model for the Hays Travel Smile values & culture.
What competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- IT literate and a competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and all front end systems.
- Strong ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and very fast moving department
- A strong and effective communicator
What experience we are looking for?
- Management experience preferably in Contract Management