- Posted 11 May 2022
- Business AreaRetail
Competitive salary with unlimited bonus potential
We are looking for experienced Branch Manager’s to join our successful teams in our branches. Training and developing a team of consultants, you will be responsible for motivating your team to deliver exceptional customer service in order to maximise sales and overall profitability, whilst ensuring the branch runs efficiently and effectively in line with company procedures.
You will be passionate about finding every customer who walks through the door their ideal holiday in order to achieve both individual and team sales targets. You will lead by example and direct the coaching and development of staff to ensure the company’s high standards are maintained. In addition you will be involved in more complex situations that may arise in order to retain the loyalty and trust of your clients and staff.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Ensuring overall profitability of the branch is achieved by maximising all sales to the fullest potential
- Ensuring the effective day-to-day operation of the retail branch and foreign exchange bureau
- Supervising, coaching and developing branch staff
- Ensuring the health, safety and general welfare of branch staff is maintained
- Identifying and meeting customers’ needs by providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Increasing the exposure of the branch and developing new business leads
- Using social media to promote offers, generating customer engagement and sales leads
- Leading by example by achieving set targets covering all aspects of the retail branch
- Monitoring staff performance, addressing any areas for development in order to achieve maximum staff productivity whilst ensuring staff motivation and morale is maintained
- Acting as a figurehead within the local community and attending all promotional activities and events
- Ensuring that excellent customer service is provided at all times
- Attending managers’ meetings, conferences and promotional events as required
- Effectively performing administrative duties
- Ensuring both branch and staff appearance conforms to company standards
- Ensuring that all practices relating to health and safety in the workplace and security of the retail branch are adhered to and that any issues that may arise are identified and reported in an efficient and timely manner
- Assisting in the recruitment of staff who will report directly to you
- Actively recruit, train and develop and apprentice within your branch
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety
- To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
- This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post, but simply reflects the key areas involved
What competencies we are looking for?
- Good leadership skills and experience of working within a supervisory role
- Ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Ability to work towards individual and team sales targets
- Excellent communication and customer service experience
- Good accuracy and numerical skills with the ability to understand and interpret financial statistics
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business
- Ability to assist with the development of staff in order to maximise job satisfaction and performance
- Competent IT Skills
What experience we are looking for?
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience whilst working within a retail travel branch
- Passionate about travel and tourism
- Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
- Good sales and presentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A recognised travel qualification (desirable)
- Previous travel agency sales experience with a proven sales record
If you don’t have experience of working in a travel agency, then please check out our Access to Travel Programme which is a fantastic way to join Hays Travel as an employee who trains to become a Travel Consultant with excellent progression opportunities, see: https://careers.haystravel.co.uk/sales/access-to-travel
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.