- Posted 10 April 2022
- Business AreaAdmin
- Contact NameKathleen Molloy
This is an exciting opportunity within an expanding and dynamic department for a motivated individual looking to further their career. Ideal for someone looking for increased responsibility or have previously completed the Rising Stars qualification.
Key responsibilities will include assisting with the day to day operation of B2B Live Chat, driving the team’s performance to maximise productivity whilst providing support to the Team, Senior Live Chat Agents as well as the HTOL B2B Live Chat Manager. You will be an excellent time manager, able to achieve your own KPIs while ensuring your staff also hit their KPIs and that they have the support and development to do this. Further information can be provided upon application.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Supervise and lead by example whilst motivating a team
- Take HTOL Sales Booking & Recost Chats and assist with customer queries over Live Chat, achieving your own daily KPI
- Maximise personal and teams Productivity
- Pro-actively identify/address performance and conduct issues by confidently conducting Steps to Success reviews, Bi-Annuals and Employee Reviews
- Assist in emergency or operational difficulties
- Pro-actively build and maintain relationships between departments and divisions
- Provide motivational and inspiring weekly Team Talk sessions
- Assist with chat monitoring and providing constructive feedback
- Effectively communicate and positively promote organisational changes
- Encourage Tour Operator training opportunities within the workplace
- Motivate, praise and encourage staff through open and honest communication
- Ensure administration and customer service standards are upheld and in line with company standards
- Provide daily department statistics to the Live Chat Manager for review
- Monitor the Live Chat queues to ensure department is within Wait time and Handling time KPI at all times
- Look at new and innovative ways to improve working practices and procedures within the department
- Assist the Live Chat Manager with Recruitment
- Review department skills tracker regularly to address skills gaps and organise training to address these
- Keep up to date with all HTOL Policies and Procedures and assist with customer escalations in the Live Chat Managers absence
- Work alongside the HTOL B2B Sales Team to manage bookings/ quotes, assisting with staff queries and joint management team tasks
- Any Adhoc department administration tasks
What competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to negotiate and achieve desired outcomes as agreed with Line Manager
- Appropriately assertive with a wide range of people
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a can do attitude
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Strong administration skills with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of selling systems both internal/external
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Effective motivational skills and the ability to remain positive and professional at all times
- Commitment to contribute to the growth of the business and the development of the team
- Ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times and that others follow this standard
What experience we are looking for?
- Worked within a Travel Sales environment is desirable
- Customer service experience
- Excellent product Knowledge
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays, alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.