- Posted 05 December 2023
- Business Area Retail
Competitive salary with unlimited bonus potential
We are looking for experienced Assistant Managers to join our successful teams in our branches. Assisting the branch manager in coaching and developing a team of consultants, you will lead by example, ensuring that the company’s high standards are maintained. You will draw upon your supervisory experience to support the branch manager in the day-to-day operation of the branch by motivating the team to deliver exceptional customer service in order to maximise sales and overall profitability.
You will be passionate about finding every customer who walks through the door their ideal holiday. Provided with ongoing training, you will be equipped with specialist knowledge to confidently advise on an extensive range of holiday packages and tailor-made holiday experiences, as well as a range of ancillary and insurance products, in order to achieve both individual and team sales targets.
Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do so exceptional customer service experience is required.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Maximising sales, whilst assisting the branch manager to ensure the overall profitability of the branch
- Assisting with the effective day-to-day operation of the retail branch and foreign exchange bureau
- Assisting with the supervision, coaching and development of branch staff
- Identifying and meeting customers’ needs by providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Participating in promotional events and activities to increase exposure of the branch
- Using social media to promote offers, generate customer engagement and sales leads
- Leading by example in achieving individual sales targets and objectives
- Assisting and supporting the branch manager to achieve maximum staff productivity whilst ensuring staff motivation is maintained
- Ensuring that excellent customer service experience is provided at all times
- Attending managers' meetings, conferences and other promotional events as required
- Effectively performing administrative duties
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety
- To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
- This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
- Ensuring both branch and staff appearance conforms to company standards
What competencies we are looking for?
- Ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Ability to work towards individual and team sales targets
- Excellent communication and customer service experience
- Good accuracy and numerical skills with the ability to understand and interpret financial statistics
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business and to
- Ability to assist with the development of employees to maximise job satisfaction and performance
- Competent IT skills
What experience we are looking for?
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Travel Consultant
- A proven sales record
- Passionate about travel and tourism
- Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
- Good sales and presentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving
- Good leadership skills and experience of working within a supervisory role
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A recognised travel qualification (desirable)
If you don’t have experience of working in a travel agency, then please check out our Access to Travel Programme which is a fantastic way to join Hays Travel as an employee who trains to become a Travel Consultant with excellent progression opportunities, see: https://careers.haystravel.co.uk/sales/access-to-travel
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.