- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Marketing
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our social media team based in our Head Office in Sunderland.
We are looking for a driven individual who has a strong interest in social media marketing and can attract and interact with target audiences by creating engaging content across various channels. The Social Media Assistant will seek out new ideas and social media avenues in order to drive forward the overall social media strategy. In this varied role, the individual will have initiative, great attention to detail and accuracy, and will provide a high standard of support within the social media team. The individual will be open to learning about the travel industry in order to effectively deliver social media marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with team members to plan and execute the social media content calendar in line with the overarching business focusses, considering the target market, product highlights and post aesthetics
- Create, edit and publish content that encourages engagement via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social channels for various business areas including holidays, recruitment and B2B channels
- Build and manage large volumes of paid social media advertising accurately and effectively in line with the overall budget
- Work alongside various departments including creative, commercial, product and offline marketing to support with any partnership marketing activity from planning stage to sign off
- Monitor, interact and respond to users publicly and privately across all social channels, working with relevant business areas to service customer queries appropriately
- Optimize and audit social media accounts for various business divisions to increase the overall social presence and engagement
- Help, support and coach all business divisions with day-to-day social media queries via phone and email
- Provide feedback and guidance on areas of improvement across a wide scope of social media accounts
- Create and deliver social media training to sales staff at varied levels in a group environment and one-to-one
- Monitor competitor activity and provide updates on key social media trends
- Generate reports by analysing the appropriate data, metrics and insights
- Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content and the overall social media strategy
- General administration duties
- Assist in achieving an overall consistent digital strategy
- A good team player
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- A clear and effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- Ability to build relationships with customers, providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and vibrant department
- Strong team player who is supportive and strives for success for themselves and their team
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to learning and progressing within the company
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.