- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
We have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to become part of our fantastic Retail Support Team based in our Head Office in Sunderland.
The team is currently made up of 10 staff, who work closely together alongside the Retail Sales Director, in a fast paced environment, working to deadlines. The purpose of this role is to assist with the day to day operations of the Retail Sales division, providing effective support and advice, driving sales to ensure overall profitability is maximised. This role will see you motivating the sales teams to ensure they remain focussed as well as liaising with a variety of Head Office departments in an attempt to resolve queries.
- Provide telephone and online support to the retail branches
- Liaising with Branch Managers and Retail Sales Managers
- Motivating the sales teams to ensure they remain focussed as well as liaising with a variety of Head Office departments in an attempt to resolve queries.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all people, including Retail & Head Office staff at all levels
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, working to deadlines
- Computer and administration skills including Word and Excel Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Ability to handle complaints and complex situations
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach to working as part of a team, from Apprentice to Director level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels including Senior Managers & Directors
- Effective motivational skills and the ability to remain positive and professional at all times
- Commitment to contribute to the growth of the business and the development of the team
- Ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times and that others follow this standard
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.