- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award-winning Learning and Development team.
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to join our Learning & Development team based here in our Head Office in Sunderland
The Learning and Development team is responsible for meeting the needs of the business as well as the individual development needs of all our colleagues. We are there at the start of everyone’s journey with Hays Travel to ensure we welcome people into the Hays Travel family creating a great first impression that is long lasting, we don’t stop there we are there to support and develop all colleagues with their personal development and aspirational whatever they may be. The role will be supporting the day-to-day operation of Learning and Development ensuring all aspects of the function run efficiently and timely.
- Collate and analyse data and provide a detailed insight
- Co-Ordinate with the training team to assign training courses
- Support with onboarding of new colleagues
- Maintain and update training attendance and feedback
- Enrol learners for online programmes
- Maintain learner records across multiple channels
- Ability to suggest and initiate efficiencies to departmental processes
- Knowledge and a high level of competency with department and company technology
- Be able to self-reflect and identify areas for personal development.
- Motivated ‘can do’ attitude, who strives for excellence in all areas of their role
- Exceptional Time Management and Organisational skills
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.