- Posted 17 March 2022
- Business AreaApprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our learning and development team. The Learning and Development team is responsible for meeting the needs of the business as well as the individual development needs of all of our colleagues. Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do, so exceptional customer service experience is required.
Below is a list of the key responsibilities which you will learn during your apprenticeship.
- Deliver our internal training programmes to colleagues of all levels
- Support and develop apprentices throughout their learnin journey
- Support new and existing colleagues with their development needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current training programmes and processes and suggest any improvements.
- Research and write engaging training content for both a virtual and classroom delivery.
- Effectively communicate and positively promote organisational changes
- Knowledge and a high level of competency with department and company technology
- Be able to self-reflect and identify areas for personal development
- Motivated ‘can do’ attitude, who strives for excellence in all areas of their role
- Exceptional Time Management and Organisational skills
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- Ideally 4 GCSE’s grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved