- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
An exciting new apprenticeship role based in our Independence Group Operations and Partnership Team has become available based in our Head Office in Sunderland.
The IG Operations and Partnership Team provides service to all IG members on a day to day basis by having knowledge & understanding of their business models so that Hays Travel & Hays Tour operating can deliver a service that best suits our members. In addition to this there will be a requirement to deal with amendments from branches and also dealing with branch closures, as well as events organising, networking and new branch setups.
- Day to day support and relationship management of Independence Group members
- Research & resolve any queries arising from the Independence Group members by involving necessary departments to get a swift resolution
- Use of internal forms to accurately record data
- Use of internal systems for reporting and analysis
- Assisting our Business Development Managers helping to drive sales through internal products
- Speaking with potential new Independence Group members
- Assistance to new branches upon opening.
- Ownership of closed branch processes
- Issuing, maintaining and monitoring of Independence Group member contracts
- Managing amendments from Independence Group members at their request
- Assisting Internal Audit and Independence Group Finance with month end process of Management Services
- Assisting members with Training requirements, i.e. on our Internal reporting systems
- General administrative duties may include exporting reports, interrogating data to auditing of files.
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Great Communication & Rapport skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.