- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our purchasing team, based in our Head Office in Sunderland.
This is an excellent prospect for a candidate looking for a role in a finance environment and a chance to gain new skills. The role will consist of processing and paying of supplier invoices and ledger management. The Independence Group Finance team is responsible for a wide variety of operational finance and risk management including the paying commission and collecting fees from all IG Members, Personal Travel Consultant’s, and homeworkers. Claiming any additional commission due from tour operators and collecting funds due to the company for marketing projects. We deal with people inside and outside of the Hays Travel Group. you will support the finance team by completing daily tasks and helping out where required.
Daily task e.g. applying for ABTA numbers, logging claims, credit checks, staff incentive queries, banking queries.
Complete due diligence checks on new member applications
Assisting with overrides & incentives process
Assisting with monthly commission calculations & payments
Daily Smile Card Upload
Matching payments and making payments on the banking system
Learn how to answer finance queries received from other areas of the business
Monthly recharge invoices for IG members
Create & process monthly direct debit collections
Answer incoming phone calls and emails providing excellent customer service
Daily checks on reports received from Experian, basic accounting tasks, order Stationery, prepare daily post & collect daily post
Continuously deliver the highest level of satisfaction and customer service to both internal and external contacts
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.