- Posted 18 March 2022
- Business AreaApprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
An exciting new rare apprenticeship role based in our IG Support Team has become available.
The IG Support Team provides service to all IG members on a day to day basis by having knowledge & understanding of their business models so that Hays Travel & Hays Tour operating can deliver a service that best suits our members.
In addition to this there will be a requirement to deal with amendments from branches and also dealing with branch closures, as well as events organising, networking and new branch setups.
Below is a list of the key responsibilities which you will learn during your apprenticeship.
- Day to day support and relationship management of IG members
- Research & resolve any queries arising from the IG members by involving necessary departments to get a swift resolution.
- Ensure all queries are logged and completed within a reasonable timescale and delivered effectively.
- Responsible for maintenance of current members.
- Support and assist business development team driving sales and developing our IG members.
- Assistance to new branches upon opening, including throughout the setup process.
- Issuing, maintaining and monitoring of IG member contracts
- Manage amendments to existing members at their request
- Manage branch closures ensuring an efficient process is followed
- Help with organisation of conference and Independence Group events.
- A good team player
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- A clear and effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- Ability to build relationships with customers, providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and vibrant department
- Strong team player who is supportive and strives for success for themselves and their team
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to learning and progressing within the company
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- Ideally 4 GCSE’s grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved