- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our Homeworking recruitment team based in our Head Office in Sunderland.
The aim of this role is to help manage the recruitment function for self-employed roles in our experienced and new to travel divisions delivering the recruitment processes in line with business objectives. The core competencies of this role include delivery on the company’s self-employed recruitment strategy, ensuring a positive candidate experience and continuously improving methods of attraction and engagement through self-employed channels.
- Support the end to end Recruitment Process from the generation of leads, through to Insights Video calls with potential candidates and screening process
- Support the Review and process all applications, ensuring these are logged onto the database within 24 working hours of receipt
- Arrange Insights calls for the candidates and ensure attendance is of a high level
- Follow up calls and emails with potential candidates
- Arrange Screening interviews for candidates
- Ensure Insights and Screening notes are kept up to date and any feedback is shared with the Manager where appropriate
- Work with the Social Media Department to ensure weekly promotion of the Homeworking Propositions
- Work closely with the Homeworker Operations team regards to New Starter contracts and set up
- Work closely with the Learning & Development team and other internal departments to ensure that information is always kept up to date and valid.
- Seek new Recruitment opportunities to drive exposure of the Homeworking Brands including online and offline marketing and social media channels
- Maintain existing Homeworking leads through effective communication and review opportunities to re-open closed lead
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.