- Posted 08 April 2022
- Business AreaApprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
An exciting opportunity to join our flights departments within head office.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a professional and expert service for any scheduled flight query as well as being part of a successful and friendly team who customises and provides flight itineraries to our customers. You will learn product knowledge and learn to provide excellent customer service to organise air travel arrangements via Galileo GDS. You will deal directly with our own agents, providing a support function to all our sales division who rely on our flights department.
Below is a list of the key responsibilities which you will learn during your apprenticeship.
* Work on Galileo GDS system to create tailor-made flight itineraries via calls, e-mails and Live Chat
* Display excellent airline product knowledge
* Offer expertise, advice and knowledge to our customers regarding airlines and routings.
* Pricing and confirming airline air passes and Round the World alliance tickets.
* Ensure our customers have a “one stop” solution with their enquiries
* Ensure airline ticket deadline are adhered to in accordance with airline contracts and fare rules
* Action all aspects of amendments when requested accurately prior to tickets being issued.
* Support our customers with system support and guidance
* Dealing directly with the airlines if a problem arises to achieve a preferred outcome.
* Ensure the Customer Excellence process and procedures are followed at all times.
* A good team player
* Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
* A clear and effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external customers
* Ability to build relationships with customers, providing exceptional customer service at all times
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and vibrant department
* Strong team player who is supportive and strives for success for themselves and their team
* An enthusiastic and positive approach to learning and progressing within the company
Technical Skills Required
* Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
* File management skills
* Web Navigation Skills
* Ideally 4 GCSE’s grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
* To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
* To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
* To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
* To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved