- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
An exciting opportunity to join our Cruise Commercial team based here in our Head Office in Sunderland.
The aim of this role is to pro-actively manage all admin that comes into the Cruise Commercial Department. To assist the team to maximise our earning potential for the Group by negotiating the best commercial terms along with additional marketing and funding support from our suppliers.
- To manage the Cruise Admin on a day to day basis, this includes overseeing the shared inbox, phone lines, invoicing and keeping to up date with key calendar events.
- Maximising overall sales throughout the group, by identifying product that would be suitable to market, with the support from the suppliers.
- Meet with suppliers to build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Support relationship management with the Sales, Product and Marketing departments to ensure funding opportunities from suppliers are maximised in order for personal and department KPI’s to be achieved.
- Raise sponsorship funds from suppliers for Hays and Independence Group Conferences.
- Deal with branch queries for suppliers such as commission, price matches, errors, and general queries and use problem solving skills to bring to resolution.
- Continual review of all internal processes and procedures, ensuring agreed departmental processes and procedure documents are maintained
- Gain full understanding of the different trading divisions within the group and their working practices
- Support the management of the day-to-day operation of the department.
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Willingness to participate in and deliver training appropriate to own development.
- Effectively perform administrative duties.
- Participate in ad-hoc duties or prepare ad-hoc information where required
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.