- Posted 22 January 2024
- Business Area Apprentice
Earn while you learn with our award winning training team
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our business travel department based in our Head Office in Sunderland.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our team where excellent customer service and rapport building is essential. The main focus is working day to day on client enquires, on email & via telephone, booking flights, hotels trains and transfers. It’s a very rewarding role.
- Booking travel for our clients
- Building relationships with our clients
- Using our systems and being confident navigating a GDS system
- Look to support others in your team and recognise when they may need help and to work together to reach team file count targets
- Be flexible with working hours for the needs of the business including doing overtime
- Be fully acquainted with all our booking tools and systems through training and development in probation period and continuously learning after via skills matrix
- Adhere to company, department and ISO policies and procedures at all times
- Proactive in making bookings and answering phone calls without prompt
- Be aware of the margins required and to improve them where possible
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service at all times by having constant attention to detail on all enquires
- Manage all aspects of your own client accounts
- Being part of a disaster and recovery team if needed by following instructions from the management team
- Being responsible for your own training and development by signing up to available training sessions following approval from management
- Show a willingness to be adaptable and aware of what may need to be done within the office to assist other members of staff
- Being aware of what is going on in the office and being considerate and respectful of others and their time
- Good communication skills to ask for help when unsure and to maintain positive atmosphere within the department
- Share in the responsibility of making the office work efficiently through offering suggestions to management and following department procedures
- Capable of demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines of self and others
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing a safe environment for people to work in
- Promote and maintain the profile of health & safety
- Proactive and self motivated with a hands on approach
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to utilise its key functionalities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- File management skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- English & Maths grade 4 or above
- To be committed and dedicated to completing the customer service Apprenticeship programme within the 12 month timescale, attending all relevant training workshops
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
About Hays Travel
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialise in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our Company and ensures our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work, we're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Hays Travel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all colleagues. As an accredited employer provider of apprenticeships, we undertake basic checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure the safety of our apprentices for relevant roles.