- Posted 17 February 2022
- Business AreaAdmin
As the UK’s largest independent travel agency, Hays Travel specialises in providing good value, quality holidays, alongside excellent customer service. We work with all leading suppliers and can package holidays that include hotels, flights, cruises, tours, attraction tickets, and more. We have over 470 Branches throughout the UK and our Head Office based in Sunderland, is home to tour operator teams, finance, marketing, people/HR and IT, plus many more. We have been operating for over 40 years, and continue to grow each year.
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company and ensure our teams work strongly together. You and all of our colleagues will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times.
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever location or department you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do. We offer a range of training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties. Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips, and you can also take advantage of our colleague discount when booking your own holidays.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an Air Admin Assistant to join our amazing and fast-paced Flights Department. Their main focus being providing a professional and expert service to the group for any scheduled flight query. In this role you will assist with the day-to-day operations for schedule flights, work with the agents to ensure all queries are actioned efficiently and effectively within a GDS system.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Handling agent queries regarding airline bookings
- Action all aspects of amendments when requested accurately
- Display excellent airline product knowledge
- Manage GDS queue
- Accurately calculate refunds and cancellation charges
- Issuing airline documents in accordance with terms and conditions
- Ensure our customers have a ‘one stop’ solution to their enquiry
- The ability to read and understand the airline contracts and terms and conditions
- Dealing directly with the airlines if a problem arises to achieve a preferred outcome
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Ensure the Customer Excellence process and procedures are followed
What competencies we are looking for?
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all people
- To be able to communicate professionally to people on all levels in the business via live chat, emails and calls
- Ensure the aspects of the Customer Excellence programme are completed in line with company expectations.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use Word, Excel, & PowerPoint programmes to an advanced level
- Highly motivated, confident and committed
- Problem-solving skills with a can do attitude
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Strong administration skills with excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Effective motivational skills and the ability to remain positive and professional at all times
What experience we are looking for?
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced environment
- Worked within a Travel Sales environment
- Previous experience of working on Galileo GDS
- Previously worked within a customer service role
- Experience of working with airline contracts
- To be able to read and understand airline fare rules
- Previous experience of working with airline private fares
- Experience of working Galileo queues
- Worked with airline commercial policy
- Experience of completing a voluntary change to a ticket within the Galileo system
- Experience of accurately calculating refunds within the Galileo system, both full refund request and part flown
- Knowledge and experience of using the Galileo application Rapid Reprice
- The ability to add airline ancillary services to a booking within the GDS
- Experience of building and issuing an airline EMD document as a form of payment
- Experience of refunding an EMD
- Experience of manually building the fare when the system does not automatically calculate
- Experience of reissuing an airline ticket
- Experience of re-validating an airline ticket
- To be able to navigate around the IATA BSP Link website